Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pork Chop Steak

It is a work-from-home day for me. I checked the freezer and we have pork chop. There must be some recipes available online. Nowadays, my first stop for Filipino recipe is www.panlasangpinoy.com. That's where I found the Pork Steak recipe. I did a little bit of adjustments here and there and call it Pork Chop Steak. Anyhow, credit should be given to www.panlasangpinoy.com. As always, it makes me super happy when all the ingredients are already available in my pantry. You should try this out :-)

Ingredients

6 pieces pork chops
5 tablespoons soy sauce
1 piece lemon
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 medium size onion, sliced
1 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Procedure
  1. Combine pork chops, soy sauce and lemon juice in a container. Cover and marinade in the fridge for one hour.
  2. Heat a pan and pour the cooking oil.
  3. Pan-fry the marinated pork chops in medium heat for 3 minutes each side.
  4. Remove excess oil and pour the remaining marinade and water.
  5. Let it boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
  6. Add sugar, salt and pepper and stir.
  7. Simmer for another 20 minutes or until pork is tender.
  8. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes.
  9. Turn off heat and transfer to a serving dish.
My husband liked it. He thinks this recipe will also work on beef. I will try that out next time. I have to add beef, maybe tenderloin, in my grocery list. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment